Monday, April 6, 2015

Reflection on "Some things you just don't forget"

               "Some things you just don't forget" by Matthew Berry was an interesting article, and although Berry made some great points about how bullying creates fear and stress, overall I believe that the article is not relevant to the situation of Martin and Incognito. Berry's stories about him being bullied as a child were moving and they made me feel bad for him, but they are in no way relatable to a "bullying" situation in an NFL locker room. Conflicts between teammates on an NFL team are probably common, and I think that the things Incognito and Martin said to each other are awful, but it was going both ways, and Martin was not the only one being abused. I do not feel bad for Martin, and I think he is a coward for walking out on his team instead of doing what, in my opinion, every other professional football player would have done, and stood up for himself. I can understand Berry being scared as he was bullied as a child, but a grown man in the NFL should not be affected by bullying, no matter how abusive it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment